Friday, January 13, 2012

all about food

All about food – are you tagged?


Broot ...

challenged me to answer some questions on food and cooking.
1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
Originally I wanted to write a diary of sorts about my children and my business.  It's evolving:)
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
Jamie.He changed the way I cook..
3. Your greasiest, batter – splattered food/drink book is?
The Playcentre cookbook that I compiled - mainly with my own recipes -  and published myself (want a copy? only $10!
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
Too many to choose from.  But I did do Europe by food - black forest cake in the black forest, truffles in Belgium, Baguette in Paris and so on...
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
A dishwasher
7. Who taught you how to cook?
Mum, Nana, Jamie.
8. I’m coming to you for dinner what’s your signature dish?
Lasagne or Pasta Carbonara with way too much bacon and fresh cream.  Apple strudel.
 What is your guilty food pleasure?
Dark chocolate.  Oh and Pringles - but it's true, once you pop you can't stop
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
After 10 years of Playcentre I still need a recipe to make playdough
Finally…tag 5 other bloggers with these questions…like a hot baked potato…pass it on!

1 comment:

Broot said...

Well done!! I've got a couple of playdough recipes if you want them?