Wednesday, January 18, 2012

making the main thing the main thing

Last year, I did my best to do some consolidating. It kind of worked...I started paying off a little more debt (that is...I worked more, including a new job). I spent a little more time on stuff for me (dancing of course,,,and achieving my 2011 goals). I made some amazing new friends and spent time really getting to know them.
I guess you could say the words to sum up my year were ''consolidation'' and ''deliberate'' (see my December post on living deliberately
http://mighty-acorns.blogspot.com/2011/12/living-deliberately.html

This year, I think it is going to be about priority and boundaries.  I need to take stock of the things I do that fill my days, and head.  I need to work better at not making too many compromises (with my heart more than my head it must be said).   I need to be clearer with myself, and others, about what my boundaries actually are.  I need to learn to say NO sometimes and I also need to say YES more too.

I'm excited about the year ahead.  I've got lots of things I want to do.  A number of things in the pipeline I've been planning for a while, and some that have just shown up.  There are people I want to spend more time with.  Books I want to read.  Some new experiences to try.

Could you describe your life in a couple of words? How would you like to define the way you live it out each day?  What truly motivates you?  Would an adjective be more effective at giving you focus for the year ahead than a New Years resolution?


No comments: