Monday, December 24, 2012

The annual Christmas poem


From our house to yours
.A Christmas Carol

Oh little town of  Alexand how still we see thee lie,
Can only mean we’re not outside,
my daughter, son and I
Yet in the dark street shineth an everlasting light,
 I think it be my Christmas tree, those flashing things are bright!

How silently how silently the cat comes sidling in…
Since joining us in February, she’s had us in a spin
She sulked for the first week or two then hid under the bed,
And though she should be TLE's cat she fancies the Queen instead

Listen and you just might hear some voices singing gaily
Could be Kapa haka (her) or him and ukulele
Born to please a crowd they are, with not a hint of coy
On the stage or a YouTube clip, that’s my girl and boy

Out in the garden -  one for each-  lots of plants abound
Berries, peas, and spuds and beans are all there to be found
The Engineer's the green thumb, the Dancing Queen, likes cooking
(Though more whipped cream and chocolate cake is pinched when I’m not looking)


The adult of the house is great – in work and home life too
The job, the gym, the Village Voice, the dancing that I do
A special friend to share my time, (who’s learned to dance as well)
In retrospect I must declare the year has turned out swell


Happy Christmas from Us

No comments: